Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fruit Chronicles

We are really enjoying the fresh fruit over here
and thought I might photograph some for my kitchen wall someday - whenever I find a place that prints photos and a place to buy frames. No big deal right? I will let you know when this happens :) Anyway enjoy!
This is a granadia (granadilla-not sure on the spelling here). It has seeds that are encapsuled in sack that resemble fish eggs. Not the most apetizing but very interesting to look at.  photo DSC_0019ba_zps5ee63f75.jpg
 
Okay well these are just apples so not to exciting but they photograph well :)...and they are very tasty. I buy them by the kilo, sometimes 4 or 5 kilos at a time. Just imagine me with three kids, one in the stroller, one holding the stroller, and one in the baby carried on my chest carry 4 kilos of apples (~2.5 pounds per kilo). Quite the sight I tell you.  photo DSC_0096copy_zps545dc6af.jpg  photo DSC_0075copy_zpsa4933028.jpg
 
Hannah has fallen in love with oranges. She makes a ridiculously large mess with them but at least she is getting some fiber.  photo DSC_0105copy_zps0e61a522.jpg  photo DSC_0126copy_zpseee7f5e0.jpg
 
We did find some blueberries this last week. I bought a TON of them. Really wishing I had some canning jars :( Still cannot find these...what a bummer. So I made some blueberry muffins, blueberry syrup and I froze the rest for now. What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment